Spring is around the corner for us in Morris County, NJ, it’s time to start thinking about planning a pond renovation or what you might want to do to change and enhance your existing fish pond or waterfall. If you’re still dreaming of your first fish pond or waterfall, this too is a great time to plan for that!
Many people view fish ponds simply as an addition to your house – when you build it you are done. While that is true that a pond is indeed another room to your house, you’re never really done with this addition! In reality, it’s actually more like a living thing that is always evolving, so don’t be afraid of pond renovations and enhancement additions. Feel free to change it as often as you want!
Whether you simply move a couple rocks, forcing the water to fall in a completely different direction, or maybe you’ll go all out and add a 50-foot stream, a bog filter,
enhancement, or a Pondless® Waterfall in another part of your yard, the possibilities for growing your water feature are almost infinite.
Right now – when your thoughts, ideas, and mental plans for your dream garden and fish pond are still fresh in your mind – is the time to get them on paper. Dreaming is always the first step to planning. In your mind, what would be the perfect backyard paradise? Here are some questions to ask yourself as you search for your perfect pond makeover.
- What do you enjoy most about water gardening – the plants, fish, frogs, turtles, birds, or terrestrial landscaping? Build your dream pond with that as your emphasis.
- What places have you visited that look and feel “perfect” to you? A stream in the mountains? A spring in the woods? Recreate aspects of these places on a smaller scale.
- Where do you spend most of your time when you’re at home? Will you spend more time outside or inside? Plan with that in mind.
- What would make your yard a “paradise?”
- Would you like to be able to swim with your fish in a natural swimming pond?
- What do you like (or dislike) about your existing pond?
- Do you like the tropics? Find some rare plants and bring them into your own backyard.
Hopefully you’re well on your way to dreaming about creating or enhancing your own personal paradise in Morris County, NJ. As you gaze out upon the wintry landscape, imagine what it can look like in the spring and go from there! The possibilities are limitless and you can always grow and expand with each addition you make. Now’s the time to start your wheels turning. Spring’ll be back before you know it.
A Frog’s Dream Aquatic Services is offering this blog as a personal information source to our website visitors. Pond services are performed in Morris County New Jersey (NJ) Hunterdon County New Jersey (NJ) Somerset County (NJ) and Warren County (NJ).Waterfall ponds, Streams, and Fountains are all in our wheelhouse of talent. Explore our website for more ideas. Like our Facebook page for daily inspiration. Receive our newsletter for monthly tips and continued water scape inspiration.